Fresh blueberry Cream Cake
Delicious Blueberry Cream Cake
- Prep time: 15 min+baking time
- Sponge Cake
- 4 eggs
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 8 gr baking powder
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 9 tbsp flour
- 100 gr fresh blueberries.
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 250 gr heavy cream(for whipping)
- 100 gr powdered sugar
- Sponge Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Beat with a hand mixer /stand mixer 4 egg whites with a pinch of salt, add gradually 8tbsp granulated sugar (egg meringue)
- In another medium bowl mix the eggs yolks with 4 tbsp sunflower oil and 8 gr of baking powder.
- Then, add little at a time the egg meringue into the mixture.
- Incorporate 9 tbsp sifted flour(one tbsp at a time) until it’s all well combined.
- Mix your blueberries with one tbsp flour and incorporate them too.
- Pour everything into a greased and lined with baking paper 20-25 cm round baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 175°C for about 35 min.
- Let the sponge cake cool down completely.
- In the meantime prepare your cream:
- In a medium bowl add 250 gr mascarpone cheese ,250 gr heavy cream (for whipping) and 100 gr powdered sugar.
- Beat with a mixer for about 5-10 min until you get a very dense cream.
- Add your cream with a decorating bag or just a spatula on top of the sponge cake.
- Decorate your cake with fresh blueberries&mint leaves.
- You can keep the cake in the fridge and enjoy it cold on a hot summer day… delicious and fresh!
watch how to make a Classic Sponge Cake here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.