apple Cake easy
- Yield: 1 apple cake 7-8 servings
- Prep time: 20 min
- 3 apples
- brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 10 tbs brown sugar
- 3 tbs sunflower oil
- 20 ml warm water
- 8 gr baking powder
- 12 tbs flour
Preheated oven to 180 °C for about 35-40 min
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Grease and line with baking paper a 22 cm round baking pan
- Peel and slice 3 apples.
- Sprinkle 20 -30 gr brown sugar on the bottom of the prepared baking pan then add half of the sliced apples .
- Bake in the oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- In the meanwhile prepare the sponge cake :
- In a medium bowl beat 5 egg whites with 10 tbs brown sugar or granulated sugar.
- In another bowl mix 5 egg yolks with 3 tbs sunflower oil ,20 ml warm water and 8 gr baking powder , add the mixture to the egg whites.
- Stir until the mixture is well combined and smooth .
- Incorporate gradually 12 tbs multi purpose flour ( or cake flour) .
- Add to the mixture the remaining apples.
- Pour the mixture over the baked sliced apples and smooth the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 35 -40 min until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven ,let the cake cool down for 5 min before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut and serve the cake on serving plates….try it warm with a spoon of vanilla ice cream.
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.