This cake is a triumph of freshness …what can be better than a chocolate cake topped with an exquisite fresh milk cream covered with a delicious chocolate ganache?!…The milk cream can be an alternative to a pastry cream that is usually made with eggs….you can use this cream to fill any cake …. i used cornstarch that helps the cream to get dense but it can be used also flour instead …
- Cake base :
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs flour
- 3/4 tbs cocoa powder
- Milk cream:
- 4 tbs cornstarch
- 5 tbs sugar
- 500 ml milk
- Chocolate ganache:
- 300 gr dark chocolate
- 200 ml cream
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs milk
preheated oven at 170°C - 12 -13 min
- Cake base:
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer beat 2 eggs with a pinch of salt then add gradually 4 tbs sugar ,4 tbs flour and 3-4 tbs cocoa powder , beat the mixture until smooth.
- Line a round baking pan ( 20 cm) with parchment paper, pour batter in the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 °C for about 12 -13 min .
- Remove cake base from the oven , place it onto a cake and let it cool down completely .
- Milk cream:
- In a medium bowl mix 4 tbs cornstarch (flour) ,5 tbs sugar .
- Add 500 ml milk and whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture in a sauce pan ,bring to a boil until dense .
- Chocolate Ganache:
- In a sauce pan bring to a boil 200 ml cream , 1 tbs sugar and 1 tbs milk .
- When the cream is boiling pour it over 300 gr dark chocolate in a medium bowl , mix until the chocolate is well dissolved and you obtain a shiny chocolate cream .
- Pour the hot milk cream to the cake base .
- Let the cake cool down room temperature and then in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour pour over the chocolate ganache .
- Let the cake cool down for at least 30 minutes more before serving.
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.