the best Cinnamon chocolate rolls
I love autumn ,nature is covered with these beautiful orange and earthy colors …and if i close my eyes i always remember the amazing scent of roasted chestnuts that my grandmother prepared in the oven ….rains a lot and all you need to relax is a good cup of tea or coffee ,a book/nice film and if you want your home filled with an amazing fragrance of warm and delicious cinnamon try my Cinnamon Chocolate rolls recipe … soft and delicious …. your relaxing moment will be complete, sounds like a publicity but don’t worry it’s all free ,i don’t sell you anything 😀 Enjoy the recipe and let me know if you liked it…
- Yield: 8-10 cinnamon rolls
- 600 gr flour
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 120 gr butter (melted ) or 100 ml sunflower oil
- 250 ml milk
- 100 gr granulated sugar
- 1 tbs honey
- 25 gr fresh yeast
- 1 lemon zest
- 10 gr salt
- vanilla flavour (optional)
- 40 gr butter ,
- 30 gr cinnamon powder
- 50 gr granulated sugar, hazelnuts /chocolate chunks
- In a bowl mix 600 gr flour (i used a type 1 flour , a less refined flour but it can be used a 00 wheat flour) with 25 gr fresh yeast and 100 gr granulated sugar.
- Pour over 250 ml warm milk( warm not hot because if you pour it hot it will deactivate your yeast 🙂
- Then incorporate 1 egg and a egg yolk ,1 tbs honey , 120 gr melted butter into the dough.
- At last , one lemon peel, vanilla flavor and 10 gr salt.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 min at least if it is a little bit sticky help yourself by adding some oil into your hands or just simple water..
- When you have achieved a smooth and elastic dough cover it with a napkin and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours until it is doubled in size.
- Once it has risen place the dough on a pastry board .
- Roll out the dough.
- Spread on 40 gr butter melted ,50 gr sugar ,30 gr cinnamon and hazelnuts.
- Roll up the dough and cut it in 8-12 pieces
- Place your cinnamon rolls in a baking pan with baking paper.
- Insert some chocolate chunks in the middle of each cinnamon roll for more yumminess 🙂
- Cover the rolls with a napkin and let them rise one more time for 30 min (until they have doubled in size)
- In the meantime ,preheat your oven at 180°C and when they have risen bake them for 35 -40 min (until they are well golden on top)
- Remove from the oven ,let them cool down a little bit and enjoy them with a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
- You can conserve them for 2-3 days .
- Egg substitution : 125 gr yogurt.
preheated oven to 180°C - 35-40 min
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.