the best eggless lava Cake
The chocolate lava cake or Molten chocolate cake it’s a very popular and loved dessert….and i totally agree…what’s better than a chocolate cake with that fudgy liquid chocolate inside?!… .if you have guests you will leave them speechless or you want a yummy cuddle just for yourself you will be amazed….It’s a mix between a chocolate cake and a soufflé , usually made with eggs ,melted dark chocolate and butter…There are multiple variations of this dessert …i’ve tried them all…
This is a vegan version ,an eggless lava cake , here is our recipe….i’m pretty sure that you will love it …the result is identical to a classic chocolate lava cake but without any eggs and butter…enjoy the recipe!
- Yield: 4 mini chocolate cakes
- Prep time: 10 min
- 85 gr flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 50 gr cocoa powder
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 125 gr yogurt
- 50 gr cold water
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- one full tbs vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 buttered/oiled ramekins
- 3-4 dark chocolate chunks
preheated oven at 180°C - 16 MIN
- Preheat your oven at 180°C
- Grease and flour 2-3 ramekins or aluminum molds
- In a medium bowl mix 85 gr sifted flour with 100 gr granulated sugar and 50 gr cocoa powder.
- Add 60 ml sunflower oil or any other vegetable oil that you like stirring well until a perfect blend is obtained.
- Incorporate 125 gr yogurt .
- In a small bowl mix 50 ml cold water ,1 pinch of baking powder,1 pinch baking soda ,one full tbs of distilled white vinegar and mix until you get a reaction (it should fizz and bubble)
- Add the mixture to the cake batter.
- Divide the cake batter into 2-3 greased ramekins
- Put one piece of dark chocolate into the center of each ramekin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 16 minutes then remove them from the oven and let them cool down 5 -10 min before placing them into serving plates.
- Sprinkle some confectioners sugar on top and enjoy.
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.