Easy Cream Tarts
Easy cream tarts filled with a delicious vanilla custard cream and fruits……Fresh and delicious ….Ideal recipe for this spring time…
- Yield:12 cream tarts
Tart shells :
- 250 gr butter room temperature
- 7 gr salt
- pinch of vanilla powder
- 500 gr flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 gr sugar
- Pastry cream:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs flour
- 4 tbs sugar
- 400 ml milk
Preheated oven at 160°C – 17-18 min
- For the tarts dough : mix in a medium bowl 250 gr butter (room temperature) 7 gr salt , a pinch of vanilla powder (extract) and 500 gr flour until you achieve a sand texture.
- Then , incorporate 2 eggs and at last 250 gr sugar , confectioners sugar is better but it works also with granulated sugar (i used it so you have the proof :-))
- At this point you can add( for more flavor ) half lemon/orange zest if you want.
- Knead the dough into a ball , cover with some cling film and put it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 min-1 hr (if you prepare it the day before and leave it all night in the fridge it will be way easier to work with it)
- Remove from the fridge and prepare your tarts with tarts shell rings (as seen in the video below) or you can use traditional tarts molds.
- After you placed the dough in your ring/mold use a fork to poke the bottom of each tart.
- If they are too sticky place the rings /molds in the fridge for 15-30 min.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 17 -18 min until they have a nice golden color.
- Let them cool down completely before filling them with custard cream or a vanilla chantilly cream.
- Decorate with your favorite fruits : berries, strawberries, kiwi ,peach etc
- For that shiny ,,pastry shop look” you can add some instant gelatin….(for the preparation you just have to mix a few tbs with water)
- Place them in the fridge (you can conserve them for 2-3 days )
- Enjoy your fruit cream tarts with a cup of tea or coffee.
- Pastry cream preparation :
- 1.Pour 400 ml milk in a saucepan add one lemon zest , 1 tbs vanilla flavor and boil for 1 min on medium-low heat.
- 2.In a medium bowl whisk 2 egg yolks with 4 tbs sugar and 2 tbs flour until well blended.
- Gradually add the boiled milk into the yolk mixture stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture again in the saucepan over medium – low heat and whisk the cream as it heats until it gets dense.
- At this time you can add 30 gr butter (optional)
- Place the cream into a clean bowl and cover with cling film, make sure you place it directly on top (this will prevent a skin from developing.)
- Let the cream cool down room temperature and then in the refrigerator before using it to fill your easy cream tarts.
- video preparation here pastry cream
watch how to make them here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.