Chocolate chip buns
If you want a delicious breakfast what is better than these fluffy chocolate chip buns that look like clouds filled with some yummy chocolate chips.They can be the protagonists of your breakfast but can be also served at tea time or as a snack…
- Yield:12 chocolate chip buns
- 450 gr flour
- 10 gr fresh yeast
- 50 -100 gr sugar
- 125 ml water
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tbs honey
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 70-100 gr chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
180°C-10 min then reduce to 170°C and bake for another 10-15 min
- In a bowl mix 450 gr flour , 10 gr of fresh yeast and 50 – 100 gr sugar
- Pour over 125 ml warm water and 125 ml warm milk ,mix all the ingredients well.
- Then add 50 ml sunflower oil and an egg into the dough.
- At least add 70 -100 gr chocolate chips and a pinch of salt (i add always the salt at last because it can slow down the rising of the dough )
- Obtained a smooth and homogeneous dough cover it with a napkin and let it rise room temperature until doubled in volume.
- Once it has risen , place the dough on a pastry board and divide it into 12 small pieces , then form small buns ( 40 -50 gr each).
- Cover with a napkin and let them rise for another 30 min.
- Mix one egg yolk with 2-3 tbs milk and egg wash them to achieve that awesome shine after baking.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 min then reduce to 170 °C and bake for another 10 -15 min.
- Remove from the oven ,let them cool down and enjoy them with a warm glass of milk or a hot tea
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.