If you ask yourself what dessert existed before chocolate brownies the answer is blonde brownies 🙂 …Yes , blonde brownies were created way before chocolate brownies…they are made without cocoa powder that usually is substitute with vanilla flavor …for this recipe i used fresh orange juice but you can easily substitute it with milk or vegetal milk if you prefer so….i added chocolate chips/ chunks but you can try them also with dried red fruits …they are really delicious…
- Yield: 9-10 blondies
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- 50 gr melted butter
- 1 teasp baking powder
- 150 gr flour
- 50 ml fresh orange juice(you can use milk instead if you want)
- 100-170 gr dark chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- orange zest
preheated oven at 180°C - 20 -25 min
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Pour 3 eggs into a bowl add 150 gr sugar and beat everything for a few moments with a whisk .
- Add 50 gr melted butter and 1 teasp vanilla baking powder stirring gently (if you don’t have vanilla baking powder you can use normal baking powder and add some vanilla flavor)
- Sift the flour and gently incorporate it , then add 50 ml fresh squeezed orange juice (or milk) and 100 -170 gr dark chocolate chunks /chips.. whisk until the mixture is completely homogenized.
- Pour everything into a greased and floured mold (parchment paper ,aluminum foil) ,add some more chocolate chips if desired on top.
- Carefully level the surface and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 25 min
- Take the mold out of the oven , let cool down slightly and cut the blondies into small squares of equal size.
- Serve them warm!
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.