- Yield: 15 – 16 croissants
- 500 gr flour
- 10 gr fresh yeast
- 1 teasp sugar
- 1 teasp salt
- 250 ml water
- 75 gr melted butter
- 250-300 gr butter
- dark chocolate ,marmelade (for the filling)
- Eggwash: 1 egg yolk+ 1-2 tbs milk
Baking time: preheated oven at 200°C - 20 -25 min
- In a large bowl mix 500 gr multipurpose flour 10 gr fresh yeast ,1 teasp of sugar and 1 teasp salt.
- Pour over the flour 250 ml warm water and 75 gr melted butter and mix with a spoon.
- Knead the mixture of butter and flour until it looks like breadcrumbs (if needed add more water)
- Form a ball, cut an x on top , wrap the dough in floured baking paper and refrigerate for 30 min.
- After 30 min : stretch the dough in a cross – shape from.
- Put 250 -300 gr cold butter at the center of the cross.
- Fold the cross to completely enclose the butter.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle of 20 / 45 cm ,fold in thirds ,seal the edges and refrigerate for 30 min – repeat this procedure for at least 5 -6 times .
- After folding it for 6 times roll out the dough to a rectangle 20/ 60 cm , cut in 2 pieces .
- Measure 5 cm bottom and 10 cm top ,cut in diagonals form 10 to 5 ,then in triangles. (see video recipe for a more detailed explanation ).
- Take a triangle of dough and holding the base firmly engrave the center of the base about 3-4 cm long then fill the triangles with dark chocolate chunks , nutella , marmalade .
- Roll the triangles on themselves and place them onto a baking pan lined with baking paper .
- Cover the croissants with a napkin and let them rise in a warm place for 30 min.
- After 30 min egg wash them with 1 egg yolk + 1 -2 tbs milk to get that amazing shine after baking.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C for about 20 -25 min .
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.