Bûche de Noël
- Mascarpone cream:
- 300 ml cream
- 130 -150 gr sugar
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- Chocolate ganache:
- 200 ml cream
- 250 gr dark chocolate
- Roll cake base:
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 125 gr sugar
- 40 gr flour
- 35 gr cocoa powder
preheated oven at 190°c - 4 -5 MIN
- Mascarpone cream : In a medium bowl whip 300 ml cream with 130 -150 gr sugar then add 250 gr mascarpone cream .
- Chocolate ganache : In a medium saucepan bring to a boil 200 ml cream then add 250 gr dark chocolate in chunks .
- Base cake : In a medium bowl whisk 4 egg whites with a pinch of salt ,then add gradually 125 gr sugar until stiff peaks.Add 4 egg yolks mixing with a spatula from bottom to top than pour in the sifted flour without stopping mixing .
- Line a baking pan with baking paper and with the help of a spatula spread the mixture on the pan on a height non exceeding 4-5 mm.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 °C for about 4 -5 min
- When baked remove from the oven and transfer the cake to a cake rack , let cool down completely.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on a board….sprinkle on top some granulated sugar ,turn the cake onto the paper and carefully peel away the lining baking paper .
- Fill in the base cake with the mascarpone cream then roll .
- Spread over the cake the chocolate ganache and decorate with a fork to give the cream the texture of a tree log.
- Add some coconut flour on the edges to create the snow effect.
- Put the cake in the fridge to set …..if you can resist cut it the day after….that time it will give the cake a moist texture and it will be delicious when you will serve it.
watch how to make it here:
© 2021, The chocolate brain. All rights reserved.